On behalf of the Executive Committee of the Society of Skeletal Radiology, we are looking forward to this year’s fun-filled, science-packed 2020 Annual SSR Meeting at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach on March 29 - April 1. We want to thank you for being an SSR member and want to highlight some of the benefits:
- SSR is the largest North American Musculoskeletal Society, with over 1500 full members, 182 Members-in-training and 22 International Members
- New virtual streaming of this year’s SAMs courses for members unable to attend in person, and continued online availability of the SSR Annual Meeting SAMs and select ePosters
- New “ESSR Award” with stipend applied towards presenting the award-winning scientific paper at the European Society of Skeletal Radiology Annual Meeting. The 2020 meeting will be held June 26-27 in Stockholm, Sweden. ESSR’s winning paper will also reciprocate at SSR’s national meeting.
- Production of “Nomenclature for Subchondral Non-neoplastic Bone Lesions” (the first of many “SSR Whitepapers”), which will be open to member comments at the Annual Meeting prior to publication
- Increased funding for the SSR Seed Grants over the next 10 years thanks to contributions from the “40 for 40” SSR Member Fundraising campaign
- Creation of the new Social Media and Health & Wellness Ad Hoc Committees for increased communication and support of its members
- Contribution of SSR members’ lectures and the “Ultrasound of the Hip” Instructional Video to the MSK Core Lecture series
- Yearlong collaboration with dedicated musculoskeletal radiologists and international societies
Once again, we look forward to seeing you in Scottsdale.
Laura W. Bancroft, MD, FACR
President – Society of Skeletal Radiology