SSR 2021 Scholars Program
Congratulations to the 2021 Scholars Program Winners!
2021 SSR Scholars include:
Alireza Abadi: University of Washington
Joe Baal: University of California, San Francisco
Alison Esteva Sanders: Northwestern University
Rishabh Gattu: Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
Dana Kerr: Duke University
Allison Khoo: Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology
Jonathan Lin: University of California, Los Angeles
Alexander Marchese: University of Vermont Medical Center
Jennifer Padwal: Stanford University
Alisha Rathi: Northwell
We are excited to continue the SSR Scholars Program, an exciting educational opportunity for 1st and 2nd year radiology residents (PGY2 and 3) interested in Musculoskeletal (MSK) Radiology. This is a merit-based scholarship program sponsored by the Society of Skeletal Radiology (SSR).
The goal of the SSR Scholars Program is to expose junior radiology residents to the different facets of MSK radiology. The scholarship will provide each recipient with:
- Registration to the 2021 Annual SSR meeting, which will be held virtually from March 13-17, 2021 https://skeletalrad.org/upcoming-meetings.
- Registration to the specialty “MSK Ultrasound” course at the SSR meeting which includes hands-on scanning opportunities in small group settings.
- Pairing with an SSR Scholar mentor who will serve as advisor for career guidance and/or possible research project. (SSR Scholar mentors are made up of leading MSK radiologists throughout the United States.)
- Dedicated Meet and Greet session (at the meeting) with MSK Fellowship directors to discuss the MSK Radiology Fellowship application process.
- Become part of the SSR Resident Working Group Visit us on Twitter (@ssr_rwg) and Instagram (@ssr.rwg)
- The SSR scholars are also granted access to the annual meeting events, including the scientific sessions, CME lectures, and Members’ dinner.
The SSR scholars are also granted access to the annual meeting special events including the scientific sessions, CME lectures and Members’ dinner.
SSR Scholars Award Criteria
The SSR scholars will be selected by a review committee made up of experienced SSR members from across the country who have demonstrated a strong interest in resident and fellow education. Each applicant will be assessed based on their past accomplishments (as stated in their CV), answers to essay questions (which were part of the initial application), and letter of recommendations. The committee will be looking for (1) evidence of a strong interest in MSK radiology as a future subspecialty and (2) candidates who would most benefit from the program.
Please feel free to share the application link below with any radiology residents who may be interested in participating in the SSR Scholars Program.
SSR Resident and Fellowship Committee
Past Scholars Program Winners
2020 SSR Scholars include:
Antoine Azar: Mayo Clinic, Florida
Hadas Benhabib: University of Toronto
Hoiwan Cheung: University of Washington
Kristopher de Ga: University of California, Davis
MeNore Lake: Mt. Auburn Hospital
Nicholas Laucis: Henry Ford Health System
My-Linh Nguyen: Emory University
Stephany Ross: Northwestern University
Shruthi Suresh: Geisinger Health System
Katherine van Schaik: Beth Israel Deaconess