SSR 2021 Scholars Program
(Submission Deadline: 10/30/20)
We are excited to continue the SSR Scholars Program, an exciting educational opportunity for 1st and 2nd radiology residents (PGY2 and 3) interested in Musculoskeletal (MSK) Radiology. This is a merit-based scholarship program sponsored by the Society of Skeletal Radiology (SSR).
The goal of the SSR scholars program is to expose junior radiology residents to the different facets of MSK radiology. The scholarship will provide each recipient with:
- Registration to the 2021 Annual SSR meeting, which will be held from March 13-17, 2021 in Savannah, GA. https://skeletalrad.org/upcoming-meetings
- Registration to the MSK Ultrasound course at the SSR meeting which includes hands-on scanning opportunities in small group settings.
- Pairing with an SSR Scholar mentor who will serve as advisor for career guidance and/or possible research project. (SSR Scholar mentors are made up of leading MSK radiologists throughout the United States)
- Dedicated Meet and Greet session with MSK Fellowship directors to discuss the MSK Radiology Fellowship application process
- Become part of the SSR Resident Working Group (visit us on Twitter and Instagram @SSR_RWG)
The SSR scholars are also granted access to the annual meeting events, including the scientific sessions, CME lectures, and Members’ dinner.
This is a wonderful opportunity for junior radiology residents interested in pursuing a career in MSK radiology.
SSR Scholars Award Criteria
The SSR scholars will be selected by a review committee made up of experienced SSR members from across the country who have demonstrated a strong interest in resident and fellow education. Each applicant will be assessed based on their past accomplishments (as stated in their CV), answers to essay questions (which were part of the initial application), and letter of recommendations. The committee will be looking for (1) evidence of a strong interest in MSK radiology as a future subspecialty and (2) candidates who would most benefit from the program. The SSR Scholars Program is limited to residents in North American programs.
SSR Resident and Fellowship Committee
2020 SSR Scholars Program Winners
Antoine Azar: Mayo Clinic, Florida
Hadas Benhabib: University of Toronto
Hoiwan Cheung: University of Washington
Kristopher de Ga: University of California, Davis
MeNore Lake: Mt. Auburn Hospital
Nicholas Laucis: Henry Ford
My-Linh Nguyen: Emory
Stephany Ross: Northwestern
Shruthi Suresh: Geisinger
Katherine van Schaik: Beth Israel Deaconess, MA