Outstanding Radiology Partnership Opportunity – Connecticut
Musculoskeletal Fellowship Trained
On behalf of Ethan Foxman MD, President and Douglas Moote MD, Section Chief of Pediatric Radiology at Jefferson Radiology, CareerPhysician, LLC, a leader in academic search, has initiated a national search to identify a dynamic radiologist, fellowship-trained in musculoskeletal with interest in “on the job” training in pediatrics to join a talented group that provides support to five hospitals, including a stand-alone children’s hospital in Hartford, CT.
- This is an opportunity for a radiologist with expertise in MSK to join an established private practice offering a combination of adult radiology and pediatrics, providing a unique opportunity to earn a CAQ in pediatrics working under the mentorship of Dr. Doug Moote and Dr. Lindsay Griffin. The expected clinical split for the selected radiologists will be 50/50 between MSK and pediatric radiology. No prior experience in pediatrics is required.
- Jefferson Radiology offers partners the benefits of a private practice with optional opportunities to teach without the academic pressures that accompany a traditional faculty appointment. The practice is involved with three residency programs and is the sole provider of radiology support to Connecticut Children’s.
- The pediatric radiology section is seeing a high volume of MSK reads in x-ray and MRI, with MSK accounting for 80 percent of x-ray volume. The orthopedic surgery division at Connecticut Children’s is the program that requires the most support and for these reasons a MSK specialist is sought.
- The pediatric radiology section is comprised of six radiologists, with exceptional support from fellowship-trained sub-specialists in musculoskeletal, neuro, and interventional radiology. The section produces 80,000 radiology reports annually and conducts 7,173 MRI exams and 3649 CT exams per year.
- CCMC houses centers of excellence for Gastroenterology, Orthopedics, and Urology, and is an exclusive partner of Jefferson Radiology, a private group comprised of fellowship trained radiology experts providing comprehensive radiological services at Children’s.
- The joining partner will join a group dedicated to work/life balance with opportunities to work remotely 2-3 days each week. Moonlighting opportunities are also available.
- The compensation structure and package is extremely competitive, exceeding 90th percentile for the region and will be based on experience. The group offers a one-year partnership (no buy-in), along with negotiable sign-on bonus and relocation assistance.
- The imaging resources at Jefferson Radiology and Connecticut Children’s are robust and include: the state’s first orthopedic EOS imaging, 3T MRI Siemens Vida, 1.5 Siemens Vida MRI, Contrast Ultrasound, 640 slice Canon Aquillion Genesis, and a Hybrid Interventional Operating Room.
- Qualified applicants will be currently board eligible, or board certified by the American Board of Radiology or the American Osteopathic Board of Radiology and have completed an ACGME fellowship in musculoskeletal.
For more details about this opportunity, or if you would like to recommend an individual(s) who exemplifies the qualities we are seeking in a candidate, please contact Mark Lozano at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 469-553-9311. All inquiries will remain confidential, and no inquiries will be made without the consent of the applicant.
Jefferson Radiology is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in creating and celebrating a culture of belonging and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all teammates.