Medical Director, Montefiore Imaging in Elmsford
Radiologist (Abdominal, MSK, Chest, Neuro)
As the academic medical center and University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center is nationally recognized for clinical excellence—breaking new ground in research, training the next generation of healthcare leaders, and delivering science-driven, patient-centered care. Montefiore is ranked among the top hospitals nationally and regionally by U.S. News & World Report. For more than 100 years we have been innovating new treatments, new procedures and new approaches to patient care, producing stellar outcomes and raising the bar for medical centers in the region and around the world. As we continue to move forward, we seek professionals who want to join our team of leaders and trailblazers to advance the health of our communities in Westchester, the Hudson Valley, and the Bronx.
The Department of Radiology at Montefiore Medical Center and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is accepting applications for a board certified/eligible Radiologist with fellowship training at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level who will also serve in a leadership position as Medical Director of Montefiore Imaging at a newly constructed outpatient imaging center in Elmsford, NY.
The medical director of Montefiore Imaging in Elmsford, NY, oversees operational and financial performance of this site in coordination with department leadership. Job responsibilities include:
- Plan, organize, and direct the clinical activities of Montefiore Imaging in Elmsford, NY.
- Implement the established departmental mission that reflects strategic and operational plans, resource allocation and organizational policies.
- Serve as the primary onsite radiologist and be the point of contact for referring physicians – both within MMC and in the community – to ensure excellent service for both physicians and patients.
- Educate referring physicians in the community about the high quality and advanced technology of MMC Radiology services, and support marketing activities aimed at business development for Montefiore Imaging in Elmsford, NY.
- Collaborate with local administrative leadership to ensure that Radiologic Technologists, Physician Assistants, and Nursing Personnel meet the requirements as put forth by the State of New York and the Medical Center.
- Effectively communicate site specific issues, needs (equipment, personnel, and space) and updates on a regular basis to the departmental leadership.
- Oversee the on-site timeliness, collegiality, professionalism, and ability of faculty for consultation for referring physicians and other medical personnel in their local department.
- Participate in clinical quality assurance, hiring, and training for the support staff at the site.
- Formulate, implement, sustain, and promote business development strategies to attract new imaging referrals. Participate in Department-wide initiatives to grow outpatient imaging business across sites.
- Work with the local administrator to implement the departmental quality control and radiation safety programs designed to minimize patient, personnel, and public risks and maximize the quality of diagnostic information.
- In conjunction with departmental leadership help identify, develop and monitor patient and physician satisfaction criteria.
- Work with the Director of Finance to develop and monitor the financial performance and budget.
- Work with the local administrator to oversee the operational staffing and workflow to drive process improvement across Radiology for the site.
- Work collaboratively with the Division Leads to ensure physician coverage needed at the site.
- Develop, implement, and manage specific programs designed to support the growth of Radiology services at the site.
- Work collegially and collaboratively with other physicians to foster team-based culture and performance to advance the mission of Montefiore, and the Department of Radiology.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Chair.
Montefiore Medical Center is a large, urban, academic, tertiary care center and is a designated Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence. State-of-the-art MR, CT and Ultrasound equipment, including a 3D lab, and the Gruss MR Research Center which houses a 3T and 9.4T MR, Micro PET/SPECT and HIFU are available for clinical imaging and cutting-edge research.
The ideal candidate will be Board Certified in either Abdominal, MSK, Chest, Neuro sub-specialty of Radiology and have or be eligible to obtain a New York State Medical License
In addition to a competitive salary of $450,000-$550,000, we offer LTD, STD, paid malpractice, health, dental, vision and a 403(b) and much more are also offered.
For immediate consideration, please forward CV to Recruiting Manager, John C. Pinto at email@example.com and Mark Liszewski, MD, Director of Outpatient Imaging firstname.lastname@example.org
Montefiore (https://www.montefiore.org) is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.