Montefiore Medical Center
Department of Radiology, Vice Chair, Operations
As the academic medical center and University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center is nationally recognized for clinical excellence—breaking new ground in research, training the next generation of healthcare leaders, and delivering science-driven, patient-centered care. Montefiore is ranked among the top hospitals nationally and regionally by U.S. News & World Report. For more than 100 years we have been innovating new treatments, new procedures and new approaches to patient care, producing stellar outcomes and raising the bar for medical centers in the region and around the world.
The Montefiore Medical Center Department of Radiology is seeking a Radiologist with operations experience and expertise to be appointed as Vice Chair of Clinical Operations. Together with hospital and administrative leadership, the Vice Chair leads the Montefiore Radiology operations across the Medical Center and outpatient locations. The Vice Chair is charged with coordinating the department's mission to deliver a patient centered, efficient, and high-quality operation. Reporting to the Chair of Radiology, the Vice Chair of Operations for Radiology will provide clinical and administrative leadership across all divisions and modalities in imaging across all MMC locations. The successful candidate will advise on formulating imaging workflows, policies, staffing and operational improvement throughout all radiology locations. As we continue to move forward, we seek professionals who want to join our team of leaders and trailblazers to advance the health of our communities in Westchester, the Hudson Valley, and the Bronx.
The Vice Chair of Operations of Radiology at Montefiore Medical Center, in coordination with Department Leadership, oversees operational performance across all Montefiore Radiology locations. Reporting to the Chair of Radiology, the Vice Chair of Operations for Radiology will provide clinical and administrative leadership across all divisions and modalities in imaging across all MMC locations.
- Plan, organize and direct the clinical activities of Radiology across MMC, including hospital and outpatient locations.
- Implement the established departmental mission that reflects strategic and operational plans, resource allocation and organizational policies.
- Establish an effective working relationship with the medical staff, administration, and other clinical services, locally and system wide.
- Educate referring physicians in the community about the high quality and advanced technology of MMC Radiology services, and support marketing activities aimed at business development for outpatient imaging across MMC Radiology.
- Partner with local campus leadership to establish and achieve goals to support IP/ED throughput and maximize imaging efficiency for technical and physician turnaround time performance.
- Work with each site and Divisional Leadership to align necessary provider coverage to meet operational needs.
- Effectively identify and communicate department wide and site-specific issues, needs (equipment, personnel, and space) and updates on a regular basis to the departmental leadership.
- Formulate, implement, sustain, and promote business development strategies to attract new imaging referrals. Lead Department-wide initiatives to grow outpatient imaging business across sites.
- Implement the departmental quality control program designed to minimize patient, personnel and public risks and maximize the quality of diagnostic information, including monitoring and evaluating the quality and appropriateness of radiology services.
- Help identify, develop, and monitor patient and physician satisfaction criteria.
- Work with the Director of Finance to monitor the financial performance.
- Work with the local Chief/Medical Director and Administrator to oversee the operational staffing and workflow to drive process improvement across Radiology.
- Work collaboratively with the Division Leads, Chiefs, and Medical Directors to develop the schedule and insure physician coverage to meet operational needs.
- Work on the development of the Montefiore Health System outpatient imaging strategy, including new MMC based sites and collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Work collegially and collaboratively with other physicians to foster team-based culture and performance to advance the mission of Montefiore, and the Department of Radiology.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Chair.
The ideal candidate will be Board Certified in ANY sub-specialty within Radiology and have or be eligible to obtain a New York State Medical License
In addition to a competitive salary of $550,000-$600,000, we offer LTD, STD, paid malpractice, health, dental, vision and a 403(b) and much more are also offered.
For immediate consideration, please forward CV to Recruiting Manager, John C. Pinto at email@example.com or call 718.920.2937 for more information.
Montefiore (https://www.montefiore.org) is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.