Our Mission, Your Future
Outstanding Opportunity for a Musculoskeletal Radiologist at Temple Health – Discover what makes this Leading Academic Medical Center one of the best places to work in Philadelphia!
Located in the heart of a diverse urban area, the Katz School of Medicine is acutely aware of the impact of the national systemic problems related to the lack of health equity and access to affordable, culturally responsive healthcare. In response, Katz works to address issues that promote health equity through education, care delivery, workforce development, and research. LKSOM recognizes that an environment enriched with persons from varied backgrounds working to address health disparity enhances scholarly work and the development of a culturally aware and responsive healthcare workforce.
“DYOJ” Design Your Own Radiology Job
Now you can design your own job! Want to work varying hours? How about a hybrid - come in some, stay home some? You can have it all.
Additional information about the Radiology program can be found here: Temple Department of Radiology
- Collaborative environment with a team of over 45 top World class academic radiology department
- Flexibility to work as a community, academic, oncologic, or private practice physician
- Professional wellness and excellence of care regarded with equal importance
- Opportunities to participate in clinical research and contribute to the advancement of the field
- Institution that is well-respected among medical professionals and is known for its commitment to patient care
- Located in a vibrant city known for its rich history, culture, and entertainment with easy access to a range of amenities and attractions
- M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Successful completion of residency in Radiology and fellowship in MSK from an ACGME-accredited program prior to the start date
- Board eligibility or certification in Radiology
- Possess academic credentials for appointment to the rank of Assistant Professor
- Ability to obtain an unrestricted medical license & DEA from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania prior to employment
In addition to a competitive salary, and comprehensive suite of benefits – including a generous 403b retirement match, health, dental, vision, life, malpractice, tuition remission, CME, and more – the position offers a uniquely supportive practice environment strengthened by Temple’s mission-driven culture to provide and promote world class equitable patient care, research, and medical education. The program also provides mentorship opportunities for new faculty. Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Temple Health is one of Philadelphia's leading academic medical centers, with 20 clinical departments; 8 Basic Science Departments; 13 Research Center (all of which are engaged in patient care education and research) and more than 1,000 physicians and scientists sharing the mission of bringing innovative treatments to patients.
Watch this short video and take this scrolling tour to learn more about Temple - Leading Academic Medical Center in Philadelphia.
Procedure for Candidacy
To be considered for this position applicants must complete the online application: https://bit.ly/3VT703f
Application materials should include a current curriculum vita (CV) and contact information for three professional references. Personal statements summarizing teaching experience, clinical and research interests, and contributions to diversity are strongly encouraged.
Please address your application to: Gary S. Cohen, MD, Herbert M. Stauffer Chair, Diagnostic Imaging, Professor & Chair, Radiology, C/O Karly Settle, Senior Recruiter, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, 3420 N. Broad Street, MRB 101, Philadelphia, PA, 19140, Email: Karly.Settle@tuhs.temple.edu
For confidential inquiries and/or questions about the opportunity, please contact Karly Settle.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
We are especially interested in qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and under-represented groups. For more information about diversity at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine, please visit the Office of Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
COVID-19 vaccinations are required for students, faculty and staff working in healthcare settings at Temple University, unless granted a religious or medical exemption (see www.temple.edu/coronavirus).
Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.