We would like to introduce the SSR Scholars Program, an exciting new educational opportunity for 1st and 2nd radiology residents (PGY2 and 3) interested in Musculoskeletal (MSK) Radiology. This is a merit-based scholarship program sponsored by the Society of Skeletal Radiology (SSR).
The goal of the SSR scholars program is to expose junior radiology residents to the different facets of MSK radiology. The scholarship will provide each recipient with:
- Registration to the 2020 Annual SSR meeting, which will be held from March 29- April 1 in Huntington Beach, Ca [https://skeletalrad.org/ssr-2020-annual-meeting].
- Registration to the MSK Ultrasound course at the SSR meeting which includes hands-on scanning opportunities in small group settings.
- Pairing with an SSR Scholar mentor who will serve as advisor for career guidance and/or possible research project. (SSR Scholar mentors are made up of leading MSK radiologists throughout the United States)
- Dedicated Meet and Greet session with MSK Fellowship directors to discuss the MSK Radiology Fellowship application process
The SSR scholars are also granted access to the annual meeting events, including the scientific sessions, CME lectures, and Members’ dinner.
This is a wonderful opportunity for junior radiology residents interested in pursuing a career in MSK radiology.
- We will begin accepting applications on September 1, 2019
- The application Deadline is October 15, 2019
- Winners will be notified in December, 2019
SSR Resident and Fellowship Committee