Director of Pediatric Musculoskeletal Imaging
Emory University/Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
The Emory University Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta are a recruiting full-time, board certified or board eligible director of pediatric musculoskeletal (MSK) imaging to join our growing faculty at the Emory + Children's Pediatric Institute. A successful candidate will lead our large orthopedic imaging service and join the pediatric radiology division with time split between MSK and general pediatric radiology.
Qualified applicants must have completed an ACGME-accredited fellowship in pediatric radiology with additional expertise in MSK imaging. Candidates who have completed an MSK fellowship with additional training in pediatric radiology would also be considered. Applicants must have completed, or be eligible to take, the ABR Subspecialty Exam (CAQ) in pediatric radiology.
- Children’s is one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country with three hospitals, 638 licensed beds and access to more than 60 pediatric sub-specialties.
- Our radiology team performs over 300,000 imaging exams annually, including over 3000 MSK MRIs and 200 MRI arthrograms.
- Our program consists of over 20 orthopedic surgeons and sports medicine physicians with over 100,000 orthopedic office visits and 7000 surgical procedures.
- To respond to the growing demands for access to our specialized pediatric care, Children’s is breaking ground on a new pediatric medical campus that is scheduled to open in 2025.
Children’s has continually been named one of the best, ranking as one of the nation’s “Best Children’s Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report and one of the “100 Best Places to Work” by Fortune magazine.
- The Emory University Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences is one of the preeminent academic radiology departments in the country.
- Through collaboration with neighboring academic and scientific institutions, our staff is developing cutting edge treatments and technologies to address the most perplexing childhood medical questions.
- Employment will be through the Emory + Children’s Pediatric Institute, an affiliation between Emory University and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Faculty rank will be commensurate with experience.
- This position involves:
- Working with radioactive materials or devices.
The Emory + Children’s Pediatric Institute is an affiliation between Emory University and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta that is improving the lives of children in Georgia and beyond. The Pediatric Institute combines the unique strengths and resources of each institution in support of our three-part academic missions of providing outstanding clinical care, conducting innovative basic science discovery and clinical research, and coordinating exceptional education of the future healthcare workforce.
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, contact:
Stephen Simoneaux, MD, FACR
Professor of Radiology and Pediatrics
Emory University School of Medicine
Chief of Radiology
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
Interested candidates should apply online.