MSK FELLOWSHIP MATCH—WE’RE IN!!
It’s official—the Society of Skeletal Radiology (SSR) is establishing the Musculoskeletal (MSK) Imaging Fellowship Match, which will take place in 2019 for appointment year 2020-21. The SSR will serve as the sponsoring organization with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) managing the Match process. We will abide by the NRMP All In Policy, which means that all applicants (including internal applicants) who wish to be considered for an MSK fellowship position at a program that participates in the MSK Match must register for the Match.
MSK MATCH TIMELINE
- October 1, 2018: SSR-recommended date that programs begin accepting MSK fellowship applications. Individual programs may choose a different date, and therefore applicants are encouraged to confirm this with each program to which they will apply.
- November 25, 2018: First day that interviews may occur for appointment date July 1, 2020
- March 20, 2019: NRMP Match registration opens for programs and applicants
- April 24, 2019: Ranking opens within the NRMP R3 system for programs and applicants
- May 15, 2019: Quota change deadline for programs
- May 29, 2019: Rank order list certification deadline; ranking closes for programs and applicants
- June 12, 2019: Match Day
- Between the Rank Order List Certification Deadline and Match Day, neither programs nor applicants can apply for, discuss, interview for, offer, or accept any position that runs concurrently with positions offered in the Match.
- July 1, 2020: Fellowship appointment date
*Canadian program are exempt from the MSK Match and have their own interview, application and selection process and timeline
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
During this year’s SSR meeting, we held an MSK fellowship Q/A session for members who had questions about the upcoming match. We have listed the most popular questions below with responses from the NRMP. We hope you find these helpful.
CLICK HERE FOR QUESTIONS FROM THE ANNUAL MEETING
Questions about the MSK Match are expected and encouraged. We are now shifting our efforts from Match recruitment to helping programs and applicants prepare for the first MSK Match. There are several important updates that have been added to the FAQ document in this regard.
CLICK HERE FOR FAQS
MSK FELLOWSHIP COMMON APPLICATION FORM
SSR has developed a Common Application Form that is available for download on the SSR website for programs that elect to use it. Applicants must confirm with each program to which they want to apply whether or not that program accepts the Common Application Form, or uses their own unique application. The MSK Match is not eligible for the ERAS application service.
CLICK HERE FOR COMMON APPLICATION
Communication is critical as we begin the next phase of this process. Please contact the SSR if there are any changes in the status of your MSK fellowship, fellowship director or program coordinator. Make sure that you follow the SSR Facebook page and Twitter feed (@SSRbone).
We thank you for your participation in this process, and look forward to working with you for a successful 2019 MSK Radiology Fellowship Match.
- SSR Executive Director and MSK Match Liaison: Sue O’Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- SSR Resident and Fellow Education Committee Chair: Jennifer Demertzis, MD (email@example.com)
- NRMP (http://www.nrmp.org/fellowships/radiology-match/)
SSR Executive Committee
SSR Resident and Fellow Education Committee